There are many ways to have a healthy lifestyle that don’t take a lot of time and effort. As a busy mom, the extra hours in my day are limited. I’d love to go for a long run every morning or stop by the gym every day after work for a few hours on the elliptical machine. Unfortunately, even if I had the time at the end of the day after dealing with house, kids, husband, and jobs, I’m sure that I wouldn’t have the energy. Thankfully, there are awys to have a healthy lifestyle that don’t take a lot of time and energy.
Ways To Have A Healthy Lifestyle
- Drink plenty of water. Yes, I struggle with this one. I am much more likely to grab a cup of coffee or a bottle of Diet Coke than I am to drink water. Water is one of the best ways to have a healthy lifestyle. It has no calories, sugar or caffeine and it helps flush all of the toxins out of your body.
- Go to bed on time. I know there are a million things you still need to get done before bed that you haven’t gotten to yet. They will wait until morning and you will function much better with a few extra hours of sleep.
- Get in the habit of choosing healthy foods with minimal amounts of unhealthy fats. Unhealthy fats include both trans fats and saturated fast and will raise your bad cholesterol level. Choose poly-unsaturated, mono-unsaturated, and omega-3 fats instead. One of my favorite lunches is a Caprese salad with low fat mozzarella cheese topped with sardines.
- Don’t go crazy with sugar or heavily processed carbohydrates. If you tend to eat food with artificial sweeteners, try stevia instead. Stevia has no calories, won’t raise your glycemic index and is all natural.
- Grab a few organic foods the next time you shop. Even better, grab a few organic, local foods the next time you shop. Don’t forget your local farmer’s market for fresh produce!
- Try to get some exercise as often as you can. Walk the dog, weed the garden, walk around the block during your lunch break, play with the kids outside. Just do something that you don’t normally do.
- Try to give up or lessen your bad habits – smoking, too much candy, diet soda, or whatever your habit is.
- Remember to take a vitamin daily. No matter how hard I try, I know that I won’t get all the vitamins my body needs to be healthy. Taking a daily vitamin is a great way to help ensure that I give my body what it needs to stay healthy.
Nature Made® VitaMelts™ are a new “one of a kind”, enjoyable way to take your vitamins because they melt in your mouth and taste great. Discover how new Nature Made® VitaMelts™ can transform your vitamin taking experience by making it enjoyable. Visit us at NatureMade.com/VitaMelts to learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nature Made via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nature Made.