Eco-friendly travel tips are something I’ve had to think more about recently because I am going on more business trips. While I don’t have control over the flight I’m taking, there are still eco-friendly travel tips that I can pay attention to. It’s important to me that my traveling is as light on our planet’s resources as it can be. I’ll be using some of these eco-friendly travel tips when I head off to Los Angeles for my Disney trip.
Eco-friendly travel tips
- Use public transportation when possible. Driving your car alone uses more resources than carpooling, taking a bus, or taking a train.
- Choose environmentally friendly hotels. While not all hotels are completely green, many are making better choices. The hotel I stayed in for the last trip I made shampoo, soap, and conditioner available in dispensers attached to the wall instead of offering little trial sized bottles that would be tossed.
- Remember to reuse your sheets and towels at the hotel whenever possible. Many hotels allow you the option of only having your sheets & towels replaced when you notify them.
- Buy local products when considering gifts and souvenirs. Don’t waste your money on plastic trinkets and mass produced gifts. It’s better to support the local economy.
- Only pick up the pamphlets and maps from tourist areas that you need. No sense in wasting paper by taking things you don’t need.
- Carry reusable bags with you for your carry on bag and to hold your shopping purchases. I always have a carry on bag for my personal items, iPhone, iPad, camera and other necessities I don’t want packed in my suitcase. Select a bag that is both stylish and eco-friendly like this campus tote I got from Maggie Bags.
Maggie Bags offers a variety of bags that are made using genuine automotive seat belt webbing built to meet government safety standards to protect you for the life of your car. Because these standards are so strict, millions of yards of seat belt webbing are rejected by automakers each year. Maggie Bags uses as much of this rejected seat belt webbing as it can in their stylish bags.
Maggie Bags products include keychains, belts, handbags, cosmetic bags, a variety of totes, bags, and messenger bags. These products are available in a variety of stylish colors from classic black to bright pinks, blues, and oranges. The campus tote is perfect for traveling. It measures 14″l x 7″ W x 11″ H and is made from super durable recycled seat belt webbing. It has signature Maggie Bags purple sattin lining and features a zippered pocket, cell phone pocket, and key pocket. The campus tote also features YKK zippers and four nickel plated feet on the bottom.
The campus tote from Maggie Bags is ideal for traveling. It is large enough to hold everything I need and the straps make it very easy to carry while running from one airport terminal to the next. The polyester material of the seat belt webbing makes this bag very sturdy and well made. I have no worries about anything being damaged inside and the zipper at the top means my things are safely inside.
Use code OverworkedMom to save 15% off Maggie Bags Premier Line until Feb 28, 2013. This code is case-sensitive. One of my lucky readers will win a Maggie Bags Campus Tote in their choice of available colors.
Besides diamonds, what is every girls’ best friend? Handbags of course?! Makobi Scribe is hosting a Handbag Heaven Event so you can have a ton of chances to win great bags!
Zuuzs.com has many deals on items like handbags. You can search their site to find great prices and earn cash back when you shop. They are sponsoring a grand prize for this event of $200 Amazon gift card to put into your awesome handbag or to purchase another one! You can enter the grand prize giveaway here!
Now hop around to the other blogs to see what you can win from them!