Dr Seuss birthday ideas can be suitable for both children or adults. Dr. Seuss is actually Theodor Seuss Geisel, an American author, cartoonist and poet (March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991). Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2nd so I am sharing these Dr Seuss birthday ideas with you to help you celebrate the day. If you haven’t guessed by now, I’m a huge Dr. Seuss fan. I love the fact that his stories are entertaining for children but also deliver a message at the same time. Even though I’m an adult, I have quite the collection of Dr. Seuss books from when I was younger. I’ve been collecting the movies for quite a while but still get excited when I find a new collection.
The Hats off to Dr. Seuss Collector’s Edition is available now. It includes some of my very favorite TV specials including The Cat in the Hat, The Lorax, Horton Hears a Who!, Green Eggs and Ham and Other Stories, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. It also includes a Hats Off Booklet that features the artwork by Dr. Seuss! There are four bonus classics: Daisy-Head Mayzie, The Hoober-Bloob Highway, Pontoffel Pock & His Magic Piano, and Butter Battle Book. There are even four interactive puzzles and a featurette – Dr. Seuss and the Grinch – From Whoville to Hollywood: A Rapping, Rhyming Chronicle of the Original Book and This Beloved Animated Adaptation. This collection of Dr. Seuss movies and activities is a true collector’s edition and I definitely recommend you add it to your video library.
Dr Seuss Birthday Ideas
- The Cat in the Hat – The story of Dick and Sally who are stuck indoors on a rainy day with nothing to do. They are visited by a six foot tall, hat wearing cat who manages to get them in all sorts of trouble and trash the house in the process. How will they clean up the house before their mother gets home? This movie is a wonderful lesson on play and imagination and would make a wonderful birthday theme for elementary aged children.
- The Lorax – My all time, favorite Dr. Seuss movie. The Lorax tells the story of how a greedy villain named the Once-ler strips a forest of all it’s Truffula trees and brings them near to extinction all for the sake of making a profit. He totally misses their beauty and becomes fixated on making money. The Lorax warns the Once-ler that his greed is causing destruction and je0pardizing the homes of many forest creatures. This story is a classic warning about caring for our environment and would work well for any outdoor, nature party.
- Horton Hears A Who – This is the story of an elephant named Horton who hears a call for help coming from the forest. The plea is from Dr. Hoovey who lives on Who-ville. Who-ville is a tiny plant no bigger than a speck of dust. The people in town think he’s gone crazy because they don’t believe people can be that small. The lesson is one of morality and teaches that just because you don’t think something exists doesn’t mean it doesn’t. Another great party idea for warm weather using dandelions or clovers to illustrate.
- Green Eggs and Ham – Sam-I-Am is set on introducing his favorite dish to a friend. Of course, his friend wants nothing to do with it and their travels take them on a crazy trip. Green Eggs and Ham teaches not only persistance but keeping an open mind and is one of my husband’s favorite Dr. Seuss stories. A perfect party idea for a picky eater or the foodie on your birthday list.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Definitely a classic Christmas story & perfect for those with winter birthdays. The Grinch is convinced that Christmas is all about things and he’s certain that if he takes away all the things from the people of Who-ville that they will stop being so happy. He learns the true meaning of the season is not all about things. This is definitely a lesson we can all stand to learn.
These ideas should start you on your way in choosing Dr Seuss birthday ideas that are right for you. Pick up a copy of the movie for everyone to enjoy. Here are a few more Dr Seuss birthday ideas to help you celebrate his birthday:
- Dr Seuss pancakes for breakfast
- Dr. Seuss hairdo for your child
- Dr. Seuss crafts for kids. Perfect for the preschool or kindergarten age.
- Dr. Seuss quotes to use on invitations and decorations.
- Dr. Seuss socks you can make for your child or as a party activity.
- Dr. Seuss printable for a birthday activity
If you have other Dr Seuss birthday ideas, feel free to share below!Powered by Sidelines