Valentines Day recipes are some of my favorites because they are sweet, delicious and cute! While Valentines Day recipes may make you think of chocolate, it generally makes me think of red berries like raspberries, strawberries or cherries and clouds of whipped cream. What could be better than Valentines Day recipes that actually combine chocolate, berries, and clouds of whipped cream? This Strawberry Brownie Trifle recipe can be made with either red raspberries or strawberries. Since my store didn’t have any red raspberries when I shopped this week, I decided I would create it with delicious, red strawberries instead.
The brownies in this recipe can be made from scratch, purchased or made from a boxed brownie mix. If you’re gluten intolerant, make sure that you pick up a box of gluten free brownies to start with as your base. I can find these regularly in my grocery store and they are so good that everyone in my family enjoys them – even those that aren’t gluten intolerant. You can use ready-made whipped topping or create your own from whipping cream. It all depends on how much time you have to devote to creating your Valentines Day recipes.
Valentines Day Recipes
- 2 cups of whipped topping
- 8 brownies, cut in 2"x2" cubes
- 2 cups fresh red berries like strawberries, sliced
- 1 bottle of chocolate ice cream topping
- Make layers of brownie squares, sliced strawberries, and whipped cream in four dessert glasses or bowls. As the final layer, end with a dollop of whipped topping and a few squirts of chocolate ice cream topping.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
What types of Valentines Day recipes do you enjoy making for your family? I’ll be creating a few more between now and the big day.