Valentine table decorations ideas don’t have to be time consuming. While I’d love to go out to an expensive restaurant for Valentine’s Day, I know that we’ll be spending it at home instead. That doesn’t mean that I can’t come up with some impressive Valentine table decorations ideas and menus to make the night special. Setting a romantic table can be as simple as bringing out the cloth napkins and table cloth. Here are a few simple Valentine table decorations ideas to turn your evening at home into a special night.
Valentine table decorations ideas
- Set the table using cloth napkins, tablecloth and place mats. If you use these regularly, see if you can pick up a new set in a romantic red or floral pattern for this special evening.
- Set the mood with candles. If you have tapers and candlestick holders, those work wonderfully. You could create a centerpiece using glass votive holders as well.
- Bring on the flowers. While red roses are as romantic as you can get, you can still set a beautiful table with carnations or any other type of flower. For an eco-friendly idea, consider a potted plant with pretty red or pink flowers like an African violet.
- Bring out the good china that isn’t normally used. Or, pick up a few vintage plates and glasses at the thrift store.
- Keep your eyes open for red, pink, and gold accent pieces like baking dishes, dessert plates, a vase, or linens.
- If it’s warm enough in your area, consider a romantic lunch on the patio or a picnic in the park.
- Remember the music. Don’t just turn on the radio. Commercials aren’t romantic. Find a few romantic songs that you enjoy and make a playlist.
- Create a menu card or place setting card to give your Valentine table a restaurant feel.
Now that you have the Valentine table decorations ideas down, you need to consider the menu. A special Valentine’s Day menu doesn’t have to be expensive. At a minimum, you will need a main dish, vegetable, starch and I recommend a dessert. For a frugal option, lemon rosemary chicken is simple and inexpensive to prepare. If you want to serve something a bit different, you can serve scallops or go with a pasta dish like cheese ravioli. For a vegetable, I’m partial to a fresh garden salad. It can be made ahead of time and just brought to the table when it’s time to eat. A starch can be as simple as a loaf of crusty bread or something more complex like my Lemon Pepper Shrimp Pasta. Dessert is my very favorite course and I’ve shared several of my favorite dessert recipes with you in the past. For Valentine’s Day, I would recommend the Strawberry Brownie Trifle or the Brownie Pecan Tart.
Don’t be afraid to be creative when thinking about Valentine table decorations ideas and menus. Maybe a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner would be difficult because the kids will be home. If that’s the case, consider having a romantic Valentine’s Day breakfast once you get them off to school. Make breakfast romantic by serving it in a cute heart shaped baking dish from Personal Creations like I did. You can even have the lid personalized with a romantic message or your names to make the moment even more special. This baking dish is the perfect size for a dessert or casserole for two. Personal Creations has a great selection of personalized Valentine’s Day gifts and decor items that will be the perfect addition to your Valentine’s Day celebration. You can shop by person or occasion which is very handy when you want to find gifts for both your husband and the kids. I love the items I received. Make sure you visit their coupon page for all the deals.
How do you make a meal more special in your home?