Beauty and fashion apps for iPhone and iPad devices can help you be more beautiful, help you get organized, and help you experiment with a new you. Making changes isn’t easy for me and changing things about my beauty and fashion routines can be worrisome. I’m always looking for ways to make my routines easier and to save time without sacrificing looking good. Thankfully, there are a number of beauty and fashion apps that can help make my routines easier.
Beauty and Fashion Apps for iPhone
- Stylebook ($3.99) – Stylebook allows you to photograph your clothes, shoes, handbags, and accessories and then make collages of them to see how they would look together. No more worries about how your jeans will look with those boots or if that handbag looks right with that outfit. You can even use their calendar feature to keep track of what you wear on different days so you don’t need to worry what you wore the last time you went to that event or out for coffee with your friends.
- Coppertone My UV Alert (FREE) – I have very fair skin and I burn easily so this app is one of my favorites. This app uses your location to inform you of the day’s forecast and UV index. It will suggest what sunscreen you should use based on that information and your skin type and you can set reminders for when you need to reapply it. This works great at the beach with the kids because I never remember when I last applied sunscreen.
- GoodGuide (FREE) – I love trying new beauty products but I like to make eco-friendly choices. It can be tough to know what to believe from some companies advertising about their products. So many say they are eco-friendly but are they? GoodGuide lets you scan an item’s barcode and see how safe it is and whether it contains things like phthalates, parabens, and sodium lauryl sulfate that I like to avoid. It has ratings for over 170,000 products and gives you info on safe and healthy ingredients, animal welfare, human rights, climate change and more.
- OPI Virtual Polish (FREE) – I enjoy trying new nail polishes but I hate buying a new polish only to put it on and see it looks terrible on. Depending on skin tone, not all polishes will look great on all people. This app lets you select your skin tone and then *try on* any OPI polish to see how it will look with your skin tone. You can store your favorites too so when you head out for your manicure you have record of what you want to try.
- InStyle Hairstyle Try-On (FREE) – This is one of my favorites. I’ve worn my hair in the same style for quite a while. Every now and then I consider changing the way I get it cut but I worry how I’ll look with a new style. This app lets you select your favorite celebrity hairstyle and then see how it will look on a photograph of you. You can see I had fun checking out a new hairstyle. Please excuse the fact that I have an awful cold right now and it’s not the best photo.
- Touch Closet ($9.99) – If you seriously have more clothes, shoes, handbags or accessories than you can remember, Touch Closet allows you to create a virtual closet where you upload your favorite clothes and create outfits for future reference. In the app, you can name, chose categories, and make a note when you’ve last worn it. You can even make a flip book with all your outfits to check them all out.
Have you ever tried beauty and fashion apps for iPhone or iPad devices? Do you have a favorite that I haven’t listed here? I’ve really enjoyed playing with these. The GoodGuide is one I plan on using over and over when I shop to make sure I’m choosing beauty products that are good for my, my family and our environment. Let me know if you try one of these and what you think of the beauty and fashion apps for iPhone and iPad devices I recommended.Powered by Sidelines