With the recent snow storm here in Vermont, I have had an awful lot of shoveling to do to clear the snow out of the duck and chicken coops and the drive way at our house. When I come back inside from all that shoveling, I am sore and cold. By that time of the day, I’ve already had all the coffee I’m supposed to have so I’ve been searching for easy hot chocolate recipes to try. I came across this Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe in the book Country Living Farm Chicks Christmas and it is absolutely amazing. It’s a step above the plain hot chocolate that the kids enjoy and the touch of spice and bittersweet chocolate with whipped cream makes it an indulgence that I really need after all that snow shoveling.
Easy Hot Chocolate Recipes
- 1 packet of hot chocolate mix
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Make the hot chocolate according to the package directions.
- Season it with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add vanilla extract to taste.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream and shavings of chopped bittersweet chocolate.
Country Living Farm Chicks Christmas has a section with all sorts of hot drink recipes including easy hot chocolate recipes. I cannot wait to try the hot mocha and the spiced cider recipes. Do you have any easy hot chocolate recipes that you and the kids enjoy during the colder months? Do you start from scratch or with a packet of hot chocolate mix?