There is just something extra special about miniature desserts when you serve them to family and friends. A traditional muffin may not look impressive but turn it into a miniature dessert and it becomes a treat worthy of entertaining. I found this Banana Blueberry Muffin recipe in the cookbook Petite Treats by Christy Beaver and Morgan Greenseth. It has all the delicious tastes of two of my favorite muffins all rolled into one miniature desserts treat.
Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh from Chile
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 mini muffin wells with paper liners or grease mini muffin tins.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the bananas on low until mashed. Increase the speed to medium. Add the egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix briefly until blueberries are evenly distributed.
- Using a 1 inch ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner to just below the brim.
- Bake until the tops are lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan or until safe to handle. Then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you’re looking for a dessert to serve when you have holiday guests that is a step above what you generally make, this Banana Blueberry Muffin recipe produces muffins that are not only delicious but adorable! Miniature desserts are just what you need to make your holiday entertaining a definite success.