Easy Christmas craft ideas are perfect for me because I don’t have hours to spend on crafting. As much as I enjoy making crafts, I generally only manage to find an hour here and there to craft. I don’t want to work on anything too time consuming because I’m never sure if I will finish it in time. When I choose a smaller craft, I can be certain that I’ll finish it in a day or two and move on to something different. Since Christmas always seems to arrive much faster than I think it will, I decided to make a Christmas Countdown Clipboard.
Easy Christmas Craft Idea – Christmas Countdown Clipboard
Christmas origami paper
Bits of cardstock, ribbon and accessories in Christmas colors
Post-its in red or green
Print out a piece of paper that says “Days until Christmas” or paint if you are able.
- Cut the Christmas origami paper to the size of the clipboard, carefully cutting around the metal hardware.
- Cover the clipboard front with Modge Podge and then carefully attach the paper. Paint on a thin layer of Modge Podge over the paper.
- If you have a seam, you can cover it up with a strip of coordinating ribbon.
- Using Modge Podge attach a piece of white cardstock to the bottom center of the clipboard. Modge Podge over the top.
- Using Glue Dots, attach the printed or painted piece of paper over the white cardstock. Do not Modge Podge over the top or the ink will bleed.
- Modge Podge the back of the Post-it pad and attach to the center of the clipboard.
- Stick on a festive Christmas bow.
- Write the number 25 on the front of your Post-it pad. Each day, tear off the top sheet and write the next lowest number.
Powered by Sidelines