- 4-6 lbs of crisp apples
- ground cinnamon to taste
- granulated sugar to taste
- ½ cup fresh cranberries, lightly steamed
- fresh mint leaves
- Peel and core apples and cut into small cubes. Put into a heavy pan with ½ inch water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When the apples start to soften, add cinnamon to taste. If the apples need sweetening, add sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from heat when the apples are soft but still retain their shape. Cover and let stand for one hour before refrigerating until ready to serve.
- To serve, top the applesauce with cranberries and snippets of mint. Garnish with a spring of fresh mint.
I found this recipe in The Romantic Prairie Cookbook.Powered by Sidelines