Cannolis are the one dessert I remember most fondly from my childhood. There was a little Italian bakery downtown that my mom and I would visit occasionally to buy cannolis. They were always a major treat because it wasn’t something that my mom ever made at home. I had no idea that I could make my own cannolis at home but I recently received a PizzellePro and have learned I can make my own!
First you need to make the cannoli shells which you can do with the PizzellePro. See my PizzellePro review to see how it works.
- 8 ounces Ricotta cheese (low moisture)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- You must use low moisture ricotta or if you cannot find low moisture ricotta, you must drain all the moisture out of the ricotta or your cannolis will look like the below picture and not the above picture.
- Mix all the ingredients together gently.
- Fill the cannoli shells using a pastry bag.
- Sprinkle extra mini chocolate chips (or sprinkles) on top of the filled cannolis.
Now you know how to make your own cannolis! Just remember to drain the ricotta or they will look like this: Powered by Sidelines