Honey Walnut Oatmeal cookie recipe with premium Horchata honey
Whenever I think of oatmeal cookie recipes, I think of my mom baking oatmeal cookies for me when I was little. Mine always had raisins in them but since my husband doesn’t like raisins, I’ve created these cookies with walnuts instead.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Ocarina Horchata Premium Flavored Honey
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk with 1 tsp baking soda added to it
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cream together brown sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, honey, milk and soda.
- Mix. Add flour and mix again.
- Stir in oats and nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350F for 10 minutes
- Makes about 3½ dozen small cookies