Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd and what better way to celebrate than by enjoying some delicious vegetables? Green Giant understands that the vegetables you eat and feed your families should be as nutritious and flavorful as possible. That’s why they’ve spent years researching how to grow and select the best vegetables. They shared some tips for buying fresh vegetables so you can make the most of your next trip to the farmers market or grocery store:
- Broccoli – As a general rule, the darker the broccoli, the more nutritious it is.
- Peas – Peas should be plump and firm and not roll around in the pod. They should be promptly refrigerated after purchase.
- Carrots – Select long, straight carrots that are dark and rich of beta-carotene. Avoid carrots with small white rootlets.
- Spinach – Look for spinach that does not have limp or spotted leaves. They should be dull green on top and bright green on the underside.
- String Beans – Don’t buy beans that are stiff or that have visible seeds through the pods. Instead stick with plump, flexible beans that are bright green.
Next time you’re at the grocery store or the farmer’s market, remember these tips to make the most of the produce you bring home.Powered by Sidelines