Gluten free tabouleh recipe with quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa grain, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes
- 2-3 cups chopped flatleaf parsley
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 shallots or spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- juice of ½ to 1 lemon
- 3 oz extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the quinoa in a small sauce pan with the water, bring to boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Slice, deseed, and dice the tomaotes, place into a large bowl with the cooled quinoa, parsley, onion, shallots and cucumber. Toss well. Add the lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to thoroughly combine. If possible, allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving.
I found this quinoa tabouleh recipe in Cooking With Quinoa: the Supergrain by Rena Patten. It’s definitely one of the best tabouleh recipes I’ve tried. What’s your favorite quinoa recipe? Have you tried a quinoa recipe that uses flakes or flour? I’d love to hear about it!