I’ll let you in on a little secret, I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Yes, even as an adult, that’s one of my favorite flavor combinations. When I came across a recipe for a Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie, I decided to give it a try topped with some PB&J Granola from Gourmet Orchards.
PB&J Granola contains honey, oats, natural peanut butter, chopped peanuts, raisins, oat bran, dried strawberries, flax and canola oil. The natural peanut butter and dried strawberries make this the absolute perfect topping for my homemade strawberry yogurt.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie
(from Cutie Pies by Dani Cone)
1 pie crust (bottom only)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon honey
pinch of salt
3/4 cup jelly
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanuts & fruit (I substituted the granola here)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
2. Make the crust or place prepared crust in pie pan.
3. Line the pie crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
4. To make the filling, in a large bowl, with a spoon or an electric mixer, stir together the cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the milk, honey, and salt until well combined.
5. Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the crust and spread evenly over the bottom.
6. Spoon the jelly onto the peanut butter layer and spread it evenly on top.
7. Top the jelly layer with the whipping cream, as thick or as thing as you like.
8. Sprinkle with granola for garnish.
9. Chill until ready to serve, at least 30 minutes.